Tuesday, January 17, 2012

It started with a Dream...

It started with a dream, with “It” being the clue that it was time to accept some things. I apparently don’t do that easily.

Here’s the dream:
               I was leaving my brother and sister in law’s place, but it wasn’t really their house – you know how dreams do that. I was traveling a road I’ve driven since I was 16 when suddenly I was in a field. I had no idea how I’d gotten there – I tried to remember if I’d felt the bump of a curb (I hadn’t) and looked back to see how far off the road I’d gone, but there was no road anymore, and I realized that I hadn’t made a turn, the road was just gone.
              I got out of the car and was standing on dirt with flowering weeds standing at least three-and-a-half feet tall all around and I thought “well the flowers are pretty.” Somehow I was not thinking about finding the road as much as I was wondering how it all happened.

I had this dream on June 11, 2011. Ten days later was the last day I tried to go into work - MS wouldn’t let me. I couldn’t walk, had wicked vertigo, and more terrifying, I was thinking one thing and saying something else without knowing it. Within a month I had filed for Social Security Disability, had a wheelchair delivered to my place and had been told to move since I lived on the third floor and there was no way I could safely get out of the place if there was a fire.

It’s been a mind-boggling seven months, but through it all God has been so present, in big and in quiet ways. I have experienced so much love and support from family and friends; I am so blessed and humbled. Truly the flowers are so pretty that I accept that there is no road for me anymore.

I hope my new blog messages encourage you to praise God and love, accept and care for yourself!

2 comments:

  1. It started with a dream, trusting God would indeed take you right where He wanted you ~ and the dream continues as you inspire us all!

    Proud of you Susan! Love you GF!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "There are no depths so deep to us as when God was revealing his holiness in dealing with our sin" - P.T. Forsyth

    Praise God that he has been with you in the depths, and that he went to the depths of the cross for you and for me. I look forward to catching up with you blog!

    ReplyDelete